Forestville, WI. The Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF) yesterday announced Jeff Marble as the organization’s new board chairman. Marble joins six other new board appointees who will work closely with RBFF leadership to meet its mission, including its goal to increase participation from the current level of 46 million to 60 million in 60 months.
“We are pleased to have such a strong leader in Jeff Marble to steer our Board of Directors,” said RBFF President and CEO Frank Peterson. “With Jeff at Chair, plus the addition of new state and industry expertise, we are looking forward to the ideas and unique perspectives that will help us reach our goals, ensuring a bright future for fishing, boating and conservation.”
Jeff Marble purchased Frabill from the Huffy Corporation in 1983, growing the company into a leading sportfishing brand in North America while serving as CEO. After selling the company to Plano Molding in 2012, Jeff Marble retired and now serves on several boards and works as an executive coach with TEC/Visage. RBFF is excited to have such an experienced member of the fishing and boating community serve as Chairman of the Board.
“It’s been a pleasure working with RBFF as a member of the Board of Directors,” said Marble. “I’m looking forward to translating my fishing industry experience into actionable ways we can increase fishing and boating participation.”
New to the RBFF Board of Directors in 2017:
- Barb Gigar – Aquatic Education Coordinator, Iowa Department of Natural Resources. Appointed by the Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies (AFWA).
- Bill Hyatt – Chief, Bureau of Natural Resources, Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection. Appointed by AFWA.
- Ed Mahoney – Professor Emeritus, Michigan State University. Appointed by the Sport Fishing and Boating Partnership Council (SFBPC).
- Mac McKeever – Senior Public Relations Representative, L.L. Bean, Inc. Appointed by SFBPC.
- Catherine Sparks – Assistant Director for Natural Resources, Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management. Appointed by AFWA.
- Joey Weller – Vice President of Sales, Grady-White Boats. Appointed by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA).
The RBFF Board of Directors is made up of 24 individuals who have been appointed by RBFF and industry and state agency organizations. The full list of RBFF Board of Directors members is available online.