- Support volunteers and organizations that host angling educational events that contribute to an increase in participation in angling and boating. The FAF does not host these events; rather the FAF supports the volunteers who host them by granting them no charge: rod/reel combos, angling promotional items such as T-shirts, and angling education handouts/booklets. Average attendance numbers at FAF supported events have been 20,000 youth and parents annually with an average of 4000 Rod/Reel combos and 4000 T-Shirts donated annually.
- Create digital angling and boating safety content that creates millions of impressions annually with financial support provided through grants and partnerships with the: Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation, U.S. Forest Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Coast Guard, National Marine Manufacturers Association, Yamaha, and Onyx. This content has been created through an exceptional partnership with Discover Mediaworks and their Emmy award winning “Into the Outdoors” (ITO) television network as the distribution partner. The partnership with Discover Mediaworks has created a video series and corresponding educational curriculum under the “Getting Families Fishing” (GFF) brand targeted at grade school and middle school age students to educate them about angling and boating. The series is distributed through the Discover Mediaworks’ “Into the Outdoors” distribution network for download and use by the general public, sportfishing /marine industry, R3 Community and State Agencies, on a free source/no charge basis. This educational digital content is explained in detail at the following link: Getting Families Fishing.
- Create an infrastructure to support knowledgeable angler/boater volunteers to educate anglers of all experience levels at venues like: National Parks, National Forests, State Parks, State Forests, and Federal/State Wildlife areas, fishing clubs, other outdoor related organizations, and angling events.
- Develop programs to bring angling/boating safety into the schools as part of a school curriculum. FAF supported volunteers donate their time to go into school systems to educate students about angling /boating and they also help to train the teachers in those school systems. Free source Getting Families Fishing/Boating curriculum that is certified for use in the school systems is available to the school systems at no charge.
- Expose the work FAF supported volunteers and programs are doing to educate anglers/boaters of all ages through the FAF website.
- Works with the fishing and boating industry, Federal and State Agencies in a manner that will garner support for the FAF’s mission to educate anglers/boaters of all ages.
- 35% Equipment/support materials gifted to supported event attendees.
- 50% Production costs for “Getting Families Fishing” program content/curriculum
- 12% Grant Administration, communication, accounting, record keeping, and Futureangler.org web site (grant admin, website admin, event admin, content creation, social media admin, accounting functions are completed by independent contractors)
- 3% Travel expense to attend angling related educational conferences and trade shows
Meet the Team
President and co-founder of the Future Angler Foundation, outdoor market consultant with career long experience in the outdoor industry and the President of the National Professional Anglers Association (NPAA).
Vice President Industry Relations, Sam worked in the transportation industry nearly 30 years for Union Pacific Railroad as a Senior VP of Sales and Marketing. He qualified for early retirement in the Fall of 2017 and is now donating his time to help grow the foundation. Sam is an avid angler and has fished all across the U.S.
Dr. Thom Dammrich
Our passion for the sport and our desire to share angling as a life changing activity with future anglers/boaters through education and outreach is the driving force behind the formation of this foundation. We truly believe that by exposing non-anglers/boaters to sportfishing/boating and at the same time reactivating anglers who have not participated in these sports recently, we can solidify a place for sportfishing/boating in our American culture for generations to come. We hope that you will join the FAF in our mission to grow angling/boating participation through education and outreach by donating to the Future Angler Foundation today!